Want to be an expert at growing blueberries? Well you’ve come to the right place! Here is some basic info you’ll need to get started.
- Decide first whether you want to plant the blueberries that require two different varieties in order to flourish OR one of the self-pollinating shrubs.
- Some blueberries plants are ideal for large containers, too, making them a great choice if you have limited space.
Come in and take a look at our selection! Anyone in our tree & shrub department can point out the different varieties of blueberries available and their distinct advantages.
- Whatever kind you choose, include lots of organic matter when you plant – we get great results with FoxFarm Soil Conditioner.
- Remember that blueberry plants are shallow rooted so only plant them deep enough so the top of the root ball is even with the surrounding soil.
- Make sure you use an acidic fertilizer – that’s what they like best!
In addition to a wonderful crop of fresh berries, you get beautiful lush summer foliage and stunning fall foliage. This makes them a great addition to almost any place in your landscape! Finally for a look at the remarkable health benefits of blueberries, click here! With all the different varieties available, we struggle to find a reason that anyone wouldn’t want a bush or two for themselves!