“Air Quality” Houseplants – do they really make a difference?
Certain houseplants really can make a difference in the quality of the air you breathe in a home or office. And since this time of year, we spend so much more time indoors, it’s especially nice to have an air purifier that is quiet AND pretty to boot! Read on for examples of which houseplants can and do make the biggest difference…
A lot of scientific research has gone into discovering which houseplants make a difference in purifying the air around them. Here are some of the results:
- Aloe Vera specifically helps remove formaldehyde from the air.
- The Areca Palm is an overall good bet for removing all air toxins.
- Bamboo Plants will target benzene, trichloroethylene, & formaldehyde.
- The Golden Pothos Plant can remove carbon monoxide and more.
- Gerber Daisies. That’s right, Gerber Daisies. They will work to remove ALL indoor toxins. That’s right, all of them. A Powerhouse!
- Dragon Tree Plants (Also known as Dracenas) will help remove xylene & trichloroethylene from the air – both proven causers of breast cancer.
- Poinsettias are one of the best clean air plants around! If you still have some left from Christmas, hang on to them! Once the blooms are spent, just cut off the blooms and just grow as a green plant simply for the health benefit
Note: Remember these plants work best at purifying the air when they are healthy and growing so go ahead and kick-start plants you may already have so they “work” better.
(Find the complete report at https://www.ecowatch.com/20-plants-that-improve-air-quality-in-your-home-1938383954.html)