If you have not already taken these few steps to winterize your water garden, do it now! Don’t risk possible damage to plants and to the structure itself by putting this off:
- Remove all floating aquatic water Hyacinths and lettuce.
- Cut back marginal aquatic plants
- Cover the water garden with netting to keep leaves an debris from getting into the basin
- Do a thorough cleaning of all filters and pumps
- We advise leaving pumps and recirculation filters running throughout the season to prevent freezing. If you do decide to turn them off, be sure to either remove them completely from the water garden or make sure they are completely empty of water to avoid freezing and breakage.