Getting the Most Out of Summer Flowers
Here are some quick tips and suggestions from our experts to keeping your flowers blooming all season:
- Some plants like geraniums, petunias, snapdragons, vinca and cosmos may be getting a little leggy. Pinch them back then sprinkle on some dry fertilizer with slow releasing nitrogen or Fertilome Blooming & Rooting to keep them fresh and growing strong.
- Speaking of Fertilome Blooming & Rooting formula, use it regularly on annuals and perennials alike – it’s super affordable helps keep bloomers blooming and growing strong!
- Keep deadheading your annuals! It makes a HUGE difference by encouraging new flowers to bloom.
- Now that the soil is nice and warm, you can sow perennial seeds!
- Fertilize your roses each month this summer with Fertilome Rose & Flower Food w/Systemic Insecticide which also controls those hungry little rose slugs that viciously eat your rose’s leaves.
- Be sure to stake tall growers like climbing roses, gladiolas – anything that needs assistance standing up straight! We offer a good collection of wire plant supports, from single stakes or semi-circular hoops for large clusters.