The Evergreen 4-Step Lawn Care Program
About the Program
We have assembled this collection of lawn fertilizers and weed controls. By simplifying the process, our goal is to make it easy for homeowners to easily apply the right products at the right time. Full implementation will result in a beautiful, green, healthy lawn with few weeds.
Evergreen’s Maintenance Services
Did you know that Evergreen’s Landscape Maintenance Department can manage your lawn for you? We provide: fertilization and weed control, aeration, detaching, slit seeding, lime application, fungicide and insecticide application, sod installation, and lawn renovation. Click here for more information.
Step 1Feb - March
- Fertilome Crabgrass Preventer Plus Lawn Food: Provides pre-emergent protection for crabgrass by preventing the germination of crabgrass in the lawn. Plus, fertilizer to help your lawn start off the Spring with a boost of nutrients!
- Weed Free Zone Plus Lawn Fertilizer: This is a post-emergent weed killer for those pesky weeds that have already decided to sprout in the lawn. Plus, fertilizer to help your lawn start off the Spring with a boost of nutrients!
Step 2April - June
- Fertilome Weed Out Plus Lawn Fertilizer: This will kill weeds and provide a boost of lawn nutrients!
- Fertilome Weed Out Pro Turf: This not only kills weeds and provides a boost of lawn nutrients but also doubles as a crabgrass & weed preventer!
NOTE: Do not sow grass seed within three month of using Crabgrass Preventer or do not use Crabgrass Preventer if you have recently sowed grass seed.
Step 3September - October
- Fertilome For All Seasons: Provides pre-emergent protection for crabgrass AND weeds by preventing the germination of crabgrass in the lawn. Plus, fertilizer to give your lawn some much needed nutrients after a hot, long summer. (Note: Some Spring weeds actually germinate in the Fall, so this helps you get a headstart for next Spring!)
- Fertilome Classic Lawn Food: The good ol’ basic to give your lawn some nutrients after a hot, long summer!
Step 4November - December
- Fertilome Winterizer Fertilizer: Fertilizer to help your lawn withstand the winter better. (Kind of like a jacket for your lawn!) Winterizer helps build hariness, strength, & disease resistance to better survive the winter.