IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATES
SOFT RE-OPENING DATE IS MAY 1ST FROM 9AM-6PM
We are so excited to have you back with us for the 2020 Spring gardening season! Please understand this is a “soft” reopening, with several temporary changes in place to protect the health and well-being of our employees and our customer family as well.
We are closed until Friday in order to prepare for those changes. Beginning Friday, May 1st, EJC hours for now will be 9am until 6pm.
Please take note of and adhere to the following shopping guidelines that will be in effect when we reopen. We hope this isn’t too confusing, and if you have any questions please call us at 423-282-3431 between 9am and 6pm to get clarification on any questions you may have.
TEMPORARY SHOPPING GUIDELINES FOR EVERGREEN OF JOHNSON CITY FROM FRIDAY MAY 1ST UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Please practice the now-standard social-distancing of standing at least 6ft away from other customers and employees.
- Large clearly posted signs will be visible as soon as you exit your car, indicating the specific entrances for Greenhouse, Store, and Tree & Shrub Department.
- We highly encourage face masks or some other kind of facial covering be worn.
- The number of people allowed in each department at one time will be limited for safety reasons, so please be patient if you are asked to wait to enter.
- No cash transactions will be accepted. We will accept debit and credit cards, and checks.
- Yours will be more of self-serve shopping experience than is normal here at Evergreen JC. Employees can answer basic questions and and offer directions.
- Keep in mind there are other customers waiting in line and waiting to get in as well, so keep your shopping as brief as possible for the time being.
- Restrooms will be closed to the public.
- No pets (We know, it makes us sad, too! But it’s only temporary!)
- Large groups will not be admitted. Let’s stick to one or two persons per cart.
- You will NOT be able to shop all departments at the same time. The Tree/Shrub Department, the Garden Center (Store), and the Greenhouses will all have separate entrances and exits. No crossovers between these 3 departments is allowed. If you find it necessary to shop more than one department, you will have to enter and exit accordingly, sometimes requiring more than one checkout procedure. If this is needed, we appreciate your patience.
- Parking Attendants will be there to hand out copies of these same guidelines and to assist with parking when needed.
- Specific employees are designated to assist with loading your vehicle when needed. Please stay in your car while they perform this task.
- For customers who are immune compromised, our phone-in order service will still be available. Please allow up to 3 days to complete your phone in orders.